St. Benedict Parish in Fontana, WI, on the west end of beautiful Lake Geneva is seeking a part time Director of Music.
The Director of Music will be an active Catholic in good standing providing music for the parish which fosters “full, conscious, and active participation.”
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn about and apply the following documents and stay current on newly released and/or revised church music documents:
- Prepare and facilitate music for all parish liturgical celebrations requiring music including three regular weekend Masses., solemnities and feasts, sacramental celebrations (including weddings and funerals), and special occasions, chooses music, coordinates the music ministry, and acts as primary musician/accompanist/director.
- Provide music for extra non-sacramental celebrations including devotions, penance celebrations, prayer services, etc.
- Prepare assembly for liturgies through rehearsals prior to liturgies when necessary.
- Recruit, schedule, rehearse, and direct all music ministers and choirs.
- Maintain hymnals.
- Prepare Worship Aids for parish liturgies as needed.
- Choose music (collaborating as necessary with the Director of Liturgy) for assembly, cantors, choirs, and instrumentalists.
- Set up music needs– microphones and sound system.
- Assist visiting clergy.
- Maintain sound equipment and instruments.
- Maintain a usable repertoire and file of music.
- Maintain copyright privileges.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent. Willing to consider accomplished pianist and organist with experience in accompanying, directing, with some knowledge of vocal technique. Handbell experience a plus.
- Working knowledge in MS Office products and/or Google documents.
- Valid driver’s license for the State of Wisconsin preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English preferred, not required
- Education or experience in training, delegation, empowering, and supervision preferred.
- Professional working attitude and collaborative approach.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to make decisions, attentive to details, and troubleshoot.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Position available immediately. Must submit:
** Completed background check.
**Completed Safe Environment requirements (or completed before start date)
Please download the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Application https://www.archmil.org/CentersofExcellence/DOCsPDFs/Forms/EmploymentApplication_General_Form4111.pdf
and submit with resume to:
Contact Name: Karol Bidwill
Address: 137 Dewey Ave. Fontana, WI 53125
Phone: 262-275-2480 ext. 280